While I will cover the actual book of Psalms, its authors, and origins in greater detail when we reach there, I want to gradually intersperse the Psalms throughout our journey through the Bible.
This is for two reasons:
1) We are doing very detailed studies. Everyone (including me!) needs a day or so to stop "studying" and instead browse God's word for pleasure.
2) When we do reach the Book of Psalms, I don't want to spend 150 days posting a single psalm with very few notes, as is the case with most of the Psalms.
So, enjoy the relaxing days when I post just the a psalm! They will, of course, also be posted under their appropriate section on the website. In this case, Psalms is under the "OT 2" tab.
True Happiness in God's Law
1 Happy those who do not follow the counsel of the wicked,
Nor go the way of sinners, nor sit in company with scoffers.
2 Rather, the law of the Lord is their joy; God's law they study day and night.
3 They are like a tree planted near streams of water, that yields is fruit in season;
Its leaves never wither; whatever they do prospers.
4 But not the wicked! They are like chaff driven by the wind.
5 Therefore the wicked will not survive judgement, nor will sinners in the assembly of the just.
6 The Lord watches over the way of the just, but the way of the wicked leads to ruin.
Jennifer Becker Landsberger
Who am I? Freelance writer (magazines, websites, & copywriting), Catholic, military wife, and Mensan. Double Bachelor's in History & Psychology.
Witnessing by charity and love are above all. Studying the Bible and beyond helps me on this quest. Feel free to join my walk into the Bible.
If you wish to donate in order to help support the cost of running this website, it would be greatly appreciated!
If you found the information helpful, even a small donation would be wonderful!
Thank you & God bless you.
~~~Prayer before Writing-
Oh creator of the universe, who has set the stars in the heavens and causes the sun to rise and set, shed the light of your wisdom into the darkness of my mind. Fill my thoughts with a loving knowledge of you, that I may bring you like to others. Just as you can make even babies speak your truth, instruct my tongue and guide my pen to convey the wonderful glory of the Gospel. Make my intellect sharp, my memory clear, and my words eloquent, so that I may faithfully interpret the mysteries what you have revealed.
To my readers & fellow writers,
1. I will pray that God's grace helps illuminate all of our interactions- both those of simple reading and more active conversations.
2. I will communicate with you respectfully and civilly. These are (rightly) issues which we feel passionate about. But even in disagreements, I will respect you fellow "seekers of truth."
3. I will not fall into negative behavior or words, such as insinuations, exaggerations, blames, or personal attacks. I respectfully ask you to do the same.
4. I will pray we will all find the truth and strive to fulfill the two greatest commandments: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:30-31)
This site will occasionally feature paid posts! I always 100% verify everything I endorse. You will not see posts for products or sites I would not use myself.
All images on site were labeled for general re-use. If you find an image that is NOT supposed to be used, please contact me & I will remove it.
Sites I Recommend
Biblical Evidence for Catholicism by Dave Armstrong