For those of you who don't already know, I'm a writer. I've gotten non-fiction articles, devotionals, and reviews published, along with running my three websites (this one of them).
I'm also working on my second book. The first was a murder mystery/thriller, and I'm still looking for an agent for it.
I cannot decide what to do now. I had pretty much decided to go with number 3 and then today I got another (surprise) check in the mail for a devotion I sent out months ago. So I don't know if the "Christian writing ro- here are my choices:
1) I have a book started that is based on the (fictional) story of a woman in the first century who was a disciple of Christ. She goes and spreads the word of Christ to other women in some of the same cities that the apostles visited. I have done a ton of research, and feel comfortable writing it.
2) I have a another murder mystery half-done. But to be honest, writing about the same topic is getting a bit stale for me. But I am talented at that type of writing.
3) A third book, not started except for a vague outline, based in the future. It's not sci-fi, it's more a "consequences of our actions, sociology viewpoint" book about how human behavior while sometimes cruel and pointless can also be inspired and amazing under certain circumstances.
I've prayed and simply cannot decide which of these three to pursue. I need to focus on one of them, as I am busy with other writing (non-fiction articles, devotionals, stories, etc).
What is your opinion? Pick an option or give me advice or whatever.
Thank you in advance,
Jennifer Becker Landsberger
Who am I? Freelance writer (magazines, websites, & copywriting), Catholic, military wife, and Mensan. Double Bachelor's in History & Psychology.
Witnessing by charity and love are above all. Studying the Bible and beyond helps me on this quest. Feel free to join my walk into the Bible.
If you wish to donate in order to help support the cost of running this website, it would be greatly appreciated!
If you found the information helpful, even a small donation would be wonderful!
Thank you & God bless you.
~~~Prayer before Writing-
Oh creator of the universe, who has set the stars in the heavens and causes the sun to rise and set, shed the light of your wisdom into the darkness of my mind. Fill my thoughts with a loving knowledge of you, that I may bring you like to others. Just as you can make even babies speak your truth, instruct my tongue and guide my pen to convey the wonderful glory of the Gospel. Make my intellect sharp, my memory clear, and my words eloquent, so that I may faithfully interpret the mysteries what you have revealed.
To my readers & fellow writers,
1. I will pray that God's grace helps illuminate all of our interactions- both those of simple reading and more active conversations.
2. I will communicate with you respectfully and civilly. These are (rightly) issues which we feel passionate about. But even in disagreements, I will respect you fellow "seekers of truth."
3. I will not fall into negative behavior or words, such as insinuations, exaggerations, blames, or personal attacks. I respectfully ask you to do the same.
4. I will pray we will all find the truth and strive to fulfill the two greatest commandments: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:30-31)
This site will occasionally feature paid posts! I always 100% verify everything I endorse. You will not see posts for products or sites I would not use myself.
All images on site were labeled for general re-use. If you find an image that is NOT supposed to be used, please contact me & I will remove it.
Sites I Recommend
Biblical Evidence for Catholicism by Dave Armstrong